You now what I hate?
I hate that bloggers spend hours of time doing research and writing great posts and after a day or a week it drifts off into the ether.
Think of all that great content out there just . . . not being read.
It’s a shame.
I was chatting on Facebook with my friend Amy Jussel, of Shaping Youth, who has tons of vital content on her site. She said she was thinking about taking the summer off.
I thought, Wait, what if bloggers didn’t waste all our fantastic content? What if we spend the summer copy and pasting our bloggy friends’ content on our blogs?
The benefits include these:
- We expose our readers to our own favorite blogs, passions, interests and friends.
- Our readers get new material all summer long.
- We new eyes for our blogs by being featured on other blogs. (new eyes = new fans)
- We get links that up our rankings.
- Google still likes us for frequent posting.
- We get to spend our summers with our kids and friends or working on other projects.
- We get to read more blogs
- We get to rejuice – writers need to rejuice.
The key is simple and easy for everyone. I’m talking about a summer of copy and pasting people.
Copyright rules apply, links and attribution MUST be included in any story.
If you want a post to be featured on The Girl Revolution send me the html code so I can paste it. As long as it’s appropriate and doesn’t violate girls or The Girl Revolution in any way, I’ll publish it.
If I stop by your blog and like a story you’ve written, I’ll email you or leave a comment telling you that I’m planning to copy, paste and run your story on The Girl Revolution. If that’s not acceptable to you – let me know and I won’t do it. If it is, feel free to stop by and Twitter, Facebook and Social Network your own story on my blog. Beautiful symbiosis isn’t it?
If you want to participate in Summer of Link Love 2009 - copy and paste this post in your own blog inviting your own bloggy friends to swap content. Grab the Summer of Link Love 2009 button, html code is right here – just copy and paste and pop it up on your own sidebar inviting friends to publish your content on their sites.
Friends Don’t Let Friends Waste Great Content.