My husband is being transferred to Atlanta, Georgia and its time to sell our house. The house I LOVE. The house that makes me feel abundant in all the right ways and none of the wrong ways. The house I attracted with all my heart and Law of Attraction powers. Now, I have to let go of my house and attract another one. In another city. It’s harder than I thought it would be. As is the letting go of people like my awesome book club, the quiet solitude of my life, my SAHM flexibility, the free babysitters and the trustworthy and loving woman I pay for special occasions. Ouch, that’s a little tender.
I like change, usually. I think. At least I used to.
But, this is going to be quite a lot of change all at once.
I’m probably going to have to get a job. I might be changing entire careers. It’s a big vast unknown. Which is exciting. And scary.
Hey if you’re in Atlanta and you think I’d be perfect for your organization, drop me an email?
Share and Enjoy
I want to introduce you to Soul Meets World because there is always something positive and hopeful there. The worlds needs more positive and hopeful, don’t you agree?
If you wake up with gratitude, you will give your day a healthy start. A day without gratitude is like a day without sunshine. It leaves a cold chill in your bones and boards up the window of your soul.
“Gratitude is a vaccine,
and an antiseptic.”
~John Henry Jowett Read more…
Share and Enjoy
- Make a list of things you want in your life and make a picture collage out of it. Teach your children how to make one too. Or let them teach you.
- Include things, relationships, connections, people, God, feelings, etc.
- Use symbols and symbolism, words and photos, that are meaningful to YOU.
- Use magazines with positive messages.-
- NO NEGATIVES!!!!! Do not under any circumstances put the words “no debt” on your dream board or you will always get debt – no exceptions. Choose the words “wealth” or “financial freedom” instead. Do not use words like “lose weight” or “stop eating” or “stop being a pig” either or you will get weight and focus on eating and look like a pig. “Healthy body” or “feel fantastic” are better choices.
- Use feelings behind your problem. “Love Exercise” will help you love exercise instead of hate it, which will make you lose weight.
- I put characteristics and feelings I want from the relationships with the people in my life on the back of the photos before I glued them on.
- Focus on others a little. What do you want for your children and family – write those words on the back of their photos.
- I found the words “breathing space,” yoga, meditation, quiet time, family time are good things.
- Listen to the feelings that come up – they are pointing you in the right direction. If something feels wrong, wait to put it on or reevaluate whether you really want it and examine why.
- Use the words “or better.” If you use “or better” you leave God and the Universe room to give you even better than your own mind can imagine.
- Be careful and intentional - what you put on this board you are going to get.
- Hang it in your peripheral vision.
- Put it on your computer as a slide show or as wallpaper.
- Make the Dream Board in a Soaring Good Mood.
- Take a step toward your goals.
- Focus on the flow. Put the focus where it should be.
- Put yourself on the board. Photos of your self and your name need to be on the board.
- Be specific.
- Pay attention and acknowledge. Acknowledge that your marriage is better or that you’re enjoying your children more or that your not as stressed about money in a few months.
- Give thanks. Thank God (or the Universe or whatever you believe in) for giving you everything on your board. Both before and after you receive it.
Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better.
I do it because it works.
Share and Enjoy
Last night was the last night of the A New Earth webcast and I watched with some sadness.
I don’t want it to be over. I’ve found the experience very enlightening, opening me up to my own spiritual self and really, finally removing a veil from my own Christian religious traditions and texts. For the first time in my life I am able to read The Bible and think back on my own religious training and see light instead of darkness. Thank you Eckhart Tolle and Oprah for that.
Some last things I want to touch on from last night’s Web Cast. I really related to the woman who said she has a difficult time with what she called “global anger.” These are things and situations in the world outside of her own little world that make her angry. She was angry about polygamist cults and vicious beating of teenagers for YouTube content.
I have a similar issue with the way women and girls are perceived and treated.
Oprah said, Well you’re going to be angry for a very long time.
That’s true enough.
Then she made another spectacular point in that it’s the emotional feeling of anger that’s ineffective at fighting society’s ills.
Anger begets anger and always joins the same vibration of anger that causes murder, rape, discrimination, exploitation, etc.
The most effective thing you can do is to change your emotional vibrational energy from anger into acceptance and love.
To understand this you have to have gone through the epiphany that you can control your own emotions. It’s a hard one to get and it take a lot of practice to be able to change your own feelings. Certainly, I’m only moderately effective at this.
Acceptance is a huge key both with the above example of global anger and with controlling our own feelings.
Eckhart says we should never do anything, a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g, unless we are in a state of acceptance, enjoyment or enthusiasm about it. Any action taken in anger, frustration, annoyance or denial will have a negative effect no matter what our intent. This applies even if we feel we’re acting with our own life’s purpose in mind.
Acceptance should not be confused with condoning something. For instance, when I write about something that is obviously wrong and negative that effects girls like a shock porn video or the fact that Google equates the word girl with porn, I need to first accept what is before I try to take action about it. I should release my indignation and anger about it or else not write about it. The last thing I want to do is negatively impact the perception about girls.
I suspect perhaps that I am not accepting the current way things are because I don’t want them to be the way things are.
Our world does not respect girls.
If it did we would not have child pornography, we would not have date rape, we would not let child molesters walk around to molest more kids, we would not allow marketers to exploit girls’ sexuality, we would not allow the word “girl” to be synonymous with “porn,” we would not allow them to think they were their appearance, we would not allow them to starve themselves to be “perfect,” we wouldn’t allow 25% of kids to be infected with STDs.
I need to accept that and let go of my anger about it or my actions are fueled with negative angry energy and God can not flow through me to effect positive change.
I feel my calling, my purpose, is to allow God to flow through me to revolutionize the perception of girls. To do that I must reach a state of acceptance about where we are rather than be angry that we’re not where I want us to be.
On a lighter note: can you freaking believe that Eckhart Tolle is 60 years old? Truly the entire time I thought the guy was in his 40s. I was shocked! Oprah asked him for his skin secret. Can you guess the secret to ageless beauty?
People who don’t carry around a lot of past age very well, he said.
Want to look 20 years younger? Let go of the past 20 years.
Share and Enjoy
I am not my roles: I am not a writer, that’s something I do. Though it is the purpose of my working life, an advocate for girls is not the essence of who I am. I am not my house, my car or my family. I am not mother, daughter, sister or wife – those are labels for relationships I play with other I AMs. I am not my income tax returns or my savings account. I am not even Tracee Sioux.
I AM – Jesus said it, Eckhart Tolle and Oprah said it last night. I echo I AM .
I get it. I get it more and more over the last few years of my own spiritual awakening. It’s a shame it’s so difficult to articulate.
Do you know who you are?
Share and Enjoy